Moor Close Gardens
Moor Close Gardens were designed by Oliver Hill in 1910 and were one of his first commissions. The structures of the garden form a series of enclosures in an Arts and Crafts style with classical pavilions and formal ponds. They fell into decay during the 1930’s & 40’s and have formed part of Newbold College grounds since 1945. Richard Griffiths Architects have prepared a schedule of repairs for the structures in the gardens to complement a conservation plan and a planting strategy initiated in 1991. The survey was funded by English Heritage and the College, who open the garden to the public and are committed to its phased restoration.